Sunday, May 2, 2010

Special Firsts

Spencer has recently experienced two new "Firsts" in his life, and it was extra-special that they both took place during trips to St. George, Utah. He turned twelve in December, so April 3rd was his first time attending the Priesthood Session of Conference. Since we were on a trip and therefore had only one car, we drove around the town until we found a church building where people were going inside. The girls and I (and Chase) dropped our men off and smiled as we watched the three of them walk in together. Spencer was so excited for his first General Priesthood meeting.

Sitting there in the parking lot I couldn't help noticing the colors in some of the trees. I don't ever remember seeing colors like this all together in the same tree before. I had to get a picture! Now tell me that doesn't look like General Conference!!! =)


The second "First" Spencer got to experience was doing Baptisms for the Dead in the St. George Temple. On April 29th we headed back up for Rob's Ironman, so the day before the race we took our three oldest into the baptistry to do some temple work. Spencer was beside himself with excitement!!!
Since our younger ones weren't old enough to go inside, Rob and I traded off: I went in with the older ones and did some confirmations while Rob walked around outside with the others; then he went in to perform the baptisms and I took the little ones to the Visitor's Center. We were reminded that this temple is the one in which the Founding Fathers appeared to Wilford Woodruff. I know that story is one reason this temple is one of my very favorites.


I hope Spencer will always remember these "Firsts," and the special feelings there.
Great memories!!!

No comments: