Saturday, August 14, 2010

Happy Birthday, Honey!!!

Well, my main man is a whoppin' 38 years old today!!! So it's time to take a moment and reflect on all the things I love about him. I'm sure I could think of hundreds, but I'll go for my 38 favorites (in no particular order):

1.) He's a great listener.
2.) He's a wonderful husband--he always has my needs and wishes in mind.
3.) He's an amazing father, always finding new and creative ways to approach raising our family.
4.) He provides for us and is committed to keeping me home with our kids.
5.) He can get straight to the point, yet has a sensitive side.
6.) He has wisdom far beyond his years.
7.) He is very practical.
8.) He thinks things through.
9.) He's patient--especially with me!
10.) He keeps our family up-to-date. (If it weren't for him, we'd still be using my computer from college... Internet??? What's Internet???) =)
11.) He's a hard, fast worker.
12.) He's smart--can figure out anything.
13.) He's a great handyman--can fix/install/redo everything around the house.
14.) He's as loyal as a puppydog (and has the puppydog eyes to go with it)!
15.) He's strong--in every way.
16.) He has super-sexy arms & legs--so muscular & defined! It's that tennis player in him! ;-)
17.) He's a worthy Priesthood holder (wow--I just went from "sexy" to my eyes tearing up...)
18.) He knows just what to say when I need advice.
19.) He's a unique combination of shy and intimidating.
20.) He makes me laugh every day.
21.) He's opposite of me in all the right ways.
22.) He loves me unconditionally, in spite of my shortcomings.
23.) He's the perfect man for me!!!

From the kids:

24.) He cares about us. (Emmee)
25.) He's funny. (Kaybree)
26.) He has good discipline. (Spencer)
27.) He doesn't cry. (Ashlee)
28.) He teaches us how to work hard. (Blake)
29.) He wrestles with me. (Chase)
30.) He always knows what to do. (Spencer)
31.) He's really nice. (Emmee)
32.) He loves spending time with our family. (Blake)
33.) He makes us strong. (Kaybree--thinking of arm circles... I'll have to post about that sometime) =)
34.) It's hard to get him to change his mind. (Spencer)
35.) He loves us. (Emmee)
36.) He watches kid shows with us. (Kaybree)
37.) He always makes everything fun. (Blake)
38.) On the couch he lays with me. (Chase)

This was our morning. We had french toast, made by Emmee, then gave Dad his gifts:






Chase's gift was a drawing, folded carefully and put into a "Cars" gift bag.
















Emmee's card got a smile out of him too.
















After he finished opening gifts it seems he & Blake decided his birthday just wouldn't be complete without... wrestling???



(In case you're wondering, Blake still had his jammers on from his morning swim practice.)

After pinning Blake quickly, he must have felt a bit bad. It was time for a brief teaching moment.


But, sadly, the results were the same... We'll give Blake a few years and see if anything changes. ;-) Or maybe Blake was just being nice to his old man, since it was his birthday and all... =)

Happy Birthday, Honey! We love you!!!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Happy birthday to Rob! Thanks for being the best hubby for my favorite sister! Love you all!