Thursday, November 25, 2010

Turkey Waddle

Our Thanksgiving Day this year began with the Turkey Waddle, which was organized to benefit Breanna Peña, a girl in our ward fighting leukemia.
With Rob and our older boys gone hunting, and Ashlee doing her own thing, the younger kids and I represented the family for the event. I thought this would be a simple task, as I would be walking, going slow, to wait for the little kids--no big deal. Well, was I in for a surprise! When the race started, apparently Chase had made it his personal goal to stay ahead of me and the girls. Not only were we not walking, sometimes Chase had me full-out running to try to catch him! He brought lots of smiles to people as he passed them, especially since he was wearing a black leather jacket. =) We wished we had made him a shirt that said something like, "You just got passed by a little dude!"
It was a great experience to be there with members of our ward/stake/community, to support the Peña family. A perfect start to our Thanksgiving Day!

No comments: