Friday, December 5, 2008

Making Friends


Shortly after we moved in, while there was still a lot of talk about how the kids were doing making friends, Kaybree came to me one day and told me she had made another new friend. When she told me the little girl's name, I recognized it as one she had mentioned before. I asked her if it was the same girl she had told me about a few days earlier, and she said yes, but then she explained that now they were really friends, because they had asked each other if they wanted to be each other's friend. I realized that each time Kaybree told me that someone was her friend, it was only after an official invitation to be friends had been given. =) A few days later, during another similar conversation, Kaybree asked me, "Mom, how do you make friends?" As we went on talking it was funny to me to think that she thought of me having to go up to other women and ask them to be my friend. So cute!!!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Hey Jenni, can we be friends? I hope so. :) I'm so proud of you for all these fun posts! It's so fun to read about your kids and feel like I'm not quite so far away!

Shari Tate said...

AAhhhh how cute she is....I can see her asking that in her own quiet way! I love your kids!

Melody said...

Too funny! I have had very similar conversations with Elly. Are you familiar with facebook? I always feel so silly asking people I know to be my friend on facebook!