Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Murmur, Murmur, Murmur

A couple weeks ago we were gathering at the table for dinner one night, and as the kids sat down, one by one, the comments started: "What is this?" "Why does it look like that?" "I like it with more sauce." "Why didn't you keep the noodles separate?" I don't know if everyone was lacking sleep or what, but the grumbling was unbelievable!

Just as a rude comment was developing in my mind, Chase said, "Well, it's better than nothing!"

The laughter got us all through the moment, and--miracle of miracles--everyone even survived eating the sub-par meal!!! In fact, by the end a couple of them even called it "yummy."

Thank goodness for five-year-olds to bring us all back to reality and help us remember how much everyday life requires a sense of humor.

;-)

5 comments:

Meredith Ferrin said...

I love that kid! good for chase!

Crissie said...

SO FUNNY!! Thank goodness for little kids. :)

Crissie said...

Can I use this story for my Sac. mtg. talk on Sunday? Such a great example of making the best of "difficulties". :)

Rob and Jen said...

Crissie--Of course you can use it! =) Good luck with your talk--I know it will be great!!!

Melody said...

That Chase! What a hoot!