Thursday, January 28, 2010

Deftalently!!!


Chase is right on the verge of giving up one of my favorite words in his vocabulary: DEFTALENTLY. Last night he asked me how to say it (correctly) and we sat there, taking the word syllable-by-syllable, DEF - IN - ITE - LY, with him copying what I said. Even though it's fun to see the sense of accomplishment kids have at moments like this, a part of me was sad to say goodbye to this word I've loved. It's been so cute to hear his excitement, when I ask him a question and the answer comes back, "Deftalently!"
"Should we go buy some groceries?" "Deftalently!"
"Do you want to wear your glow-in-the-dark shirt?" "Deftalently!"
"Want me to take your picture on the warthog?" "Deftalently!"

Oh, why do little people have to grow up?!? =(

5 comments:

Shari Tate said...

just love that little guy ;o)

Kathy said...

Chase is so adorable. I love to catch his eye and smile at him.

Rosalyn Francis said...

Sooo much fun! Thanks for sharing this fun humor =)

Rosalyn Francis said...

Sooo much fun! Thanks for sharing this fun humor =)

Ashley said...

Oh, I miss him and all of you too. He is growing too fast. I know what you mean. Piper use to call marshmallows marshin-nose. I was sad when she figured that one out.