Thursday, January 21, 2010

Windstorm

It's been storming a lot this week, and the kids have (mostly) loved the rain.
I was in the kitchen tonight and Blake came running in hysterically, half laughing, half in shock, jumping around, grabbing his face and yelling, "Oh my gosh!" over and over and over. It shocked me too, and I was trying to get out of him what all the Oh my goshing was about. But that was all he could say.
I followed him as he ran out to the back yard, and then found out what all the excitement was about. He and Spencer had been in the office and had just said, "Let's go out and jump on the trampoline," (they thought it would be fun in the windstorm--there was no lightning or anything...) when they looked out and saw the trampoline BLOW AWAY!

It blew all the way from the middle of our yard, over the fence and to the opposite side of the yard next to us. From there it went on to blow over the fence behind that lot.

I think I'm really glad the boys weren't on it when this happened... or would their weight have kept it on the ground???

Craziness!!!

No comments: